乔治亚学院非常重视环境问题. Official policy requires us to keep environmental concerns in mind in everything we do. This ranges from curriculum 和 classrooms to products we purchase 和 how we deal with our waste.
云顶集团游戏最近的战略计划中有一项承诺， 加速成功2016 - 2021, 是环境的责任. The college’s goals are to improve waste diversion rates 和 decrease emission production/carbon footprint.
创建于2007年, the Environmental Sustainability Committee leads the way in making sure that Georgian steadily makes progress on these issues 和 more.
As a leading postsecondary educational institution 和 responsible corporate citizen, 云顶集团游戏 is committed to practising environmental sustainability through education 和 corporate practices 和 balancing future growth with the protection of the environment.
乔治亚学院致力于推广, practice 和 pursue excellence in environmental sustainability through:
- continuous improvement to maintain the highest environmental st和ards 和 practices
Are you a Georgian employee or student who is interested in Environmental Sustainability on campus? 从委员会那里获取电子邮件!
Georgian aims to integrate environmental sustainability into all learning activities. Faculty in every program have been asked to look at how their academic material can take the environment into account. 许多人已经做出了改变，这是一个持续的过程.
- 环境技术人员 (合作教育)-两年制文凭
- 环境技术 (合作社)-三年制高级文凭
- Honours Bachelor of Arts 和 Science – Environmental Sustainability (Specialization in Ecosystem Management) Degree with 环境技术人员 Diploma -四年学位与文凭相结合
参观 工程和环境技术页面 查看程序说明.
We are proud of the great progress we’ve made in environmental sustainability across all 校园 since 2007.
- Monitored waste diversion rates on an annual basis — check out 2018 report summaries from 巴里, Orillia 和 欧文的声音 校园
- Implemented on-campus points for cell phone, e-waste 和 battery collection
- Implemented organic waste collection in kitchens 和 student labs at 巴里 和 Orillia 校园
- Promoted the use of reusable travel mugs 和 re-usable bags, notably through # GCKilltheCup，以减少校园一次性杯子和塑料袋的数量
- Ditching individual desk garbage/recycling bins in favour of shared waste stations with more recycling options
- We’re currently creating clearer waste station signage, to improve sorting
- Ensure that all graduates of all programs have the knowledge to make sound environmental decisions in their personal 和 professional lives
- Students in Georgian’s CNC program program use scrap blocks of aluminium rather than full blocks; filings 和 other scraps from student projects are collected for recycling
- All RFPs are now evaluated, in part, taking into account environmental considerations
- Renegotiated Georgian’s office supply contract to only include “green” office supplies
- Major college publications are now printed on Forest Stewardship Council-certified paper
- Georgian has been named one of Canada’s Greenest Employers 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 和 2014
- recognized by Greater 巴里 Chamber of Commerce Green Step programs (gold level)
- 特韦尔, 学院的餐饮服务提供者, has signed a contract to collect used cooking oil from the 巴里 Campus cafeteria 和 the Last Class for conversion to bio-diesel
- Continuing efforts by Georgian’s Physical Resources department see huge gains in energy efficiency, 特别是通过引入改进的照明系统
- Earth Day is marked annually by a campus-wide clean-up activities in which thous和s of pounds of waste are gathered up
- Energy Conservation Week 和 Waste Reduction Week are often marked with special activities showcasing college sustainability initiatives
- Hydration stations at most 校园 reduce the amount of plastic water bottles used
- A Georgian award recognizes employees who have reduced their environmental impact at work
- A student group called Green Thumbs is currently creating a campus community garden that will support Georgian’s food bank 和 the 云顶集团游戏餐厅
This is a group of student volunteers who work throughout 云顶集团游戏 to raise awareness 和 provide solutions for environmental issues.
- 咖啡亭的早晨: Where the group serves Fair Trade Coffee once a week for those who bring a re-useable mug
- 绿色的屏幕: Weekly/monthly screenings of environmental-related movies/documentaries
- 自由引导: Public issue discussions that focus on specific environmental issues
- 回收下降:每周收集/丢弃不寻常的可回收物品(灯泡, 电池, 墨盒及手提电话)